If we want to secure our nation’s growth and development, we have to focus in on and invest in our youth. This platform is a safe space for our youth, it is where they belong, and it is an opportunity to highlight them, to share their thoughts and opinions, and for their voices to be heard.
There’s a saying that goes, “when you have your education, you can pick, choose, and refuse.” This can be interpreted to be in relation to multiple things so…you decide.
The reason why we are who we are, is because of where we are from, our origins, our blueprint. Our mission is to embrace the pursuit of excellence for Barbados through its young people- they are where our countries advancement begins, and it is also where it could end. This platform is to invest in our youth; it is where they all belong.
For us, as a diaspora, to help empower our youth to take control of their futures through leadership, education, actions, and well thought out decisions.
Disclaimer- while this platform can in no way fully leverage the value and experience of living day in and day out in Barbados, it is the hope that this platform serves as a way to:
1. BE POSITIVE- assume positive intent in every comment, post, opinion, etc.- we mean well. Negativity breeds negativity. Positivism breeds positivism.
2. CONNECT- Bajans from all over the world on issues that are most important to us
3. COLLABORATE- we encourage discussion, feedback, critical thinking, and analysis by our nation’s people, and those who have a vested interest and perhaps passion for the field of education and for Barbados’ youth and its overall development.
4. SHARE– lend our voices and insight on what is currently going on with our youth and in our education system as it pertains to our youth
5. PROBLEM SOLVE- to provide tangible and concrete recommendations on how our nation’s youth and our educational system can be improved, enhanced, and further developed